In order to promote multiculturalism, the IIA holds the various lectures for understanding different cultures, as well as other courses in the city to increase citizen's awareness of other cultures and to foster local leaders in multiculturalism.
1. Improve Your Disaster Preparedness! https://iia-fukushima.or.jp/en/oubou/
2. Japanese language support volunteer training course (on ZOOM)
4. やってみっけ！防災EXPO In イオンモールいわき小名浜
2. Experiencing Japanese Culture
3. Discovering the Beauty and Worth of Iwaki
4. Raise awareness of disaster prevention
5. Special Seminars by Specialists
6. Iwaki Global Citizen's Festival（Japanese Speech Contest＆Performance）
The IIA holds the overseas cooking classes by the instructors who have roots overseas in order to understand their overseas culture and lifestyle.
The IIA introduces the Japanese culture, history and custom to the people who have roots overseas in order them to deeply understand Japan.
The IIA introduces the Iwaki's culture, history and fascinated sightseeing spots to the people who have roots overseas and also provides the opportunities to deeply understand Iwaki.
We learn useful knowledge through workshops in case of emergency or dis
Study Japanese language education, psychology, law, etc.
Every year, various citizen's international exchange groups in Iwaki City work together to hold the Iwaki Global Citizen's Festival. In 2018, 2019 and 2020, this involved the Japanese Speech Contest for Iwaki Residents with Non-Japanese Ancestry. You can view footage of the 2020 speech contest on YouTube:
There are many other events to interact with foreigners aiming for a multicultural symbiotic society.They also hold cherry blossom viewing, participate in "Iwaki Odori," Christmas parties, and gatherings to celebrate traditional events in each country.